Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Early Autumn

We all have the sniffles at home - Sparky, included. This past weekend, it was as if Autumn has come early. It was so cold! And the weather service lied, natch. It was supposed to be a beautiful weekend - no rain, mid 60's - very comfortable. It wasn't. It drizzled a little Saturday morning, but then the sun played peek-a-boo all day. Sunday, it rained. Several times. Most annoying.

You see, we had our yard sale this weekend. Half the proceeds are going to the AHA Heart Walk. We did best on Saturday and less than a third of that on Sunday. Most disappointing. We barely reached $200, so we're rounding it up, and $100 will go to the Heart Walk. Really expected to do better than that, and I blame the weather. No one wanted to come out in such icky conditions. Oh, well, we do what we can.

And the cold - I felt like I was freezing all weekend. I very nearly turned the heat on yesterday, but our house is very drafty and takes a lot to heat. It's expensive, so I didn't want to start that yet. My sweats are falling off of me - really need a new pair. And I wore socks yesterday! For those that know me and my hatred of pretty much anything on my feet, that's something. I have to wonder if it's the weight loss that's making me feel the cold so much more. It was the same at work last week - I pretty much froze all week. Good thing I have a shawl here or I would've been sitting at my desk with my jacket lol.

So, it's September already. And Fall will be here soon enough.

I think it's gonna be a very cold winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment