Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mum!

It's my mother's birthday today, and it's also the first day of fall.

Sad to see the summer go, for a change. I've been so cold the past several days. Gonna be a rough winter, I think.

Visited the folks yesterday to celebrate Mum's birthday. She decided she didn't want to go out to eat, so she set a table. She always sets such a nice table - she had cold cuts and breads, salmon mousse, croquettes, fried green beans (yes, you read that right - from Costco - they were good! Came with a Wasabi dip), steak tartar (used to be one of my faves - didn't even try it; just knew it wouldn't have worked), a great salad, fried broccoli and cauliflower florets and brandied cherries!

I went for the croquettes, but whereas the last time we visited, I ate a bunch, this time, the first bite told me "no, not today" so I just ate the insides out about three of them and then went for a small plate of salad. That was delicious - was able to put some egg on and had honey mustard dressing - very yummy.

People ask me if I ever miss eating "normal." Yes, occasionally - I won't lie. But very infrequently. Yesterday, looking at that steak tartar, I wanted it something fierce, but I was afraid I would get stuck and it's been a while since I have, so I didn't want to chance it. While the want was there for just a few moments, I got over it very quickly.

Cuz I'm liking what I see in the mirror more than what that steak tartar would have tasted like.

No comments:

Post a Comment