Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Half way there!

This is all just so exciting. I am half-way to my goal. At least, I think I am. I have no clue how much I need to lose. My goal is 150 - at 5' 9.5", I think that's reasonable. The lowest I've been in years (20 years ago, now) was 190, and that put me in size 14 - 16. I'd like to be a 10 or a 12; we'll just have to wait and see how that pans out.

We're holding a yard sale this weekend, with half the proceeds going to the AHA Seattle Heartwalk. We were going to give it all, but then we realized this mama needs some more new clothes. Most of my wardrobe is just way too big, now, and I need some more smaller things. Warmer things - it's cold outside today, and if this is an indication how our fall/winter is gonna be, I definitely will be needing some warm stuff. All my jackets are way too big. Bummer, though; I hate to buy a jacket until I'm down to my goal weight. Need to visit some thrift stores and see what I find.

I'm also grateful, that so far, my skin is shrinking along with the weight. I've seen and heard horror stories of folks that have gone through WLS with pounds of excess skin hanging from their bellies and arms and legs. The only part of me not disappearing as well as I'd like is my chin. Never realized I was so vain, but I'm hatin' that chin. Lots of wrinkles - bleh.

But I'm feeling great these days, and that's the most important part.

No comments:

Post a Comment