Thursday, July 3, 2008

Barbeque Today!

Today, one of the departments reporting to my boss is having a bbq, and they're always very sweet about inviting me to their functions (as an admin to the director over the bldg, I don't really belong to any one dept).

I usually love potlucks and bbq's, but it will be interesting today to see what I can eat. This is their annual 4th of July bbq, and one of their employees always makes a Mexican dish - flap-sirloin meat, marinated, with rice and beans and salsa, with tortillas. So very good.

I'm hoping I can manage a few pieces of the beef. I've had ground beef and I've had chicken, both of which has sat very well, but I haven't done steak or straight beef yet. Been jonesing for a really nice steak.

I just hope it don't hurt. But only one way to find out.

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment