Monday, July 21, 2008

Still Learning...

Died again Saturday. I went to the Lavender Festival with Miss R (Special K had to work so she couldn't come with) - it was a perfect day. Beautiful weather - upper 60's to low 70's. At one point, we were sitting in the shade and I was almost too cold. And we had a good time. Even the drive was very nice - it was great to catch up on things with Miss R, who had recently (May this year) remarried to a really nice fellow, W. When we moved last year into our duplex, there were so many things that needed doing, and the handyman from the rental office was pretty much useless, so W stepped in and did a lot for us. So very sweet of him.

Anyway, back to Saturday - we were at the fair in downtown Sequim when we got to the food court section and it was time for lunch. Looking at all their offerings, I saw my choices were very limited. They had pizza, gyros, bbq ribs, shimp/crab bakes (thought about those but too much bread), and Thai. I thought my best bet was the Thai, as they had chicken satays. Cool - ordered one of those, but after I paid, I asked for the peanut sauce and they said they didn't have any. They would have it the following day on Sunday. I said that didn't do me any good today, does it? Think they cared? No. Miss R said to give it back and we would find something else, but I really didn't think there was anything else so I kept it. Ate a small portion of the end, but man, was it dry. Very disappointing.

I was fine for the rest of the fair - I think because I was walking and that moved things around in there. But once we got in the car, I started to feel uncomfortable. And more we drove, the worse it got. I could just feel the pressure building. Poor Miss R - I was horrible company on the long ride back. I even dosed a bit - and I let myself, thinking I might feel better once I woke up. Nope. Had to get home so I could "lose" my lunch. And of course, I felt every little bump in the road. That was a hard trip. I was so happy to see my house.

It was about 7:30 when we got home and I was done for the day. Woke up around 3 am still feeling a bit yuck, but when I got up Sunday morning, I felt much better. Spent Sunday at Big Bro Dude's place - cooked up a steak for him, with garlic toast and snow peas. I knew better to try steak (and boy, at that moment, I really wanted it) - stayed with the toast and snow peas. And was glad I did later on in the day.

I really appreciate it now when I feel good :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment