Monday, July 28, 2008

Girls go Shopping!

We went shopping for clothes Saturday afternoon, and what fun! I badly needed pants that fit. We had planned on visiting some thrift shops, but we started (and ended!) at Catherine's, which is a fat lady store. Been shopping there for years. They've always had nice, sporty clothing all the way up to 5x.

Well, my tops? From a 5x to a 3x. My pants? From 3x to 1x or 2x, depending on the cut. It was a lot of fun trying things on and actually see a much better shape. I know I still have a ways to go, but my goodness. The store was having a clearance sale, and everything we got was from those racks. Got 3 pairs of pants and 4 blouses and 1 vest, all for $120. Not too shabby. Not quite the $5 pants I had envisioned from the thrift store, but all very nice, quality items, so that's a plus.

Oh, and pants - some go by X's, but some go by actual sizes. I was able to zip up a size 24. I haven't been a 24 in years! More like 28 or 30.

So nice that clothes shopping is fun again.

No comments:

Post a Comment