Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm Home!

Got home a week ago today. Had to stay an extra day in the hospital, as three of my incisions were bleeding heavily. Once they said my blood count was ok, they let me go. They don't tell you you're going to have about 6 incisions, not that that matters, but my belly looks humungous and bruised - all purple, green and yellow. So attractive lol

Took a while to figure out how to get the 750 calories and 60 grams of protein down each day. All I can say is THANK GOD FOR MY SPECIAL K! I wouldn't have been able to do this without her. I already knew how lucky I was to have her in my life before this, but this experience has certainly confirmed it.

Will write more later. Thinking of doing some sample days for folks just getting home - I know it would've helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment