Friday, June 13, 2008

Follow-up

I had my follow-up with my doctor yesterday. He confirmed all is going well. As for why I'm so tired all the time, he suggests that I increase my daily calory intake to 1000. Good lord. Having a hard time getting in 750, and now I've got to do more. One good thing, though - I'm pretty much allowed solid foods now. Still need to stay away from items hard to digest, like steak, chicken, corn, fresh veggies, but at least I can eat now, instead of just drink.

I have been experimenting - had tuna salad a few evenings ago - that sat well. Had baked potato night before last - just a small pat of butter with light sour cream, chives, a few bacon bits - yum! Felt good to eat something and actually enjoy eating it.

I'm down 41 pounds so far - I'm in my fourth week out, so I think that's pretty good.

I didn't think about this before, but I think I'm going to have trouble with clothing. My jeans were just falling of me yesterday. I used to have clothes of all sizes, but when we moved last year, we cleaned out our closets and I got rid of a lot of stuff I wasn't wearing at the time. But I'd hate to have to buy stuff only to have it fit for just a few months before they're too big.

Ha! If this is my biggest worry, I'm doing ok.

Happy Friday the 13th, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment