Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hi, Ho, Silver, Away!

So, picked up my new sexy sleepwear yesterday - my biPap mask. It's a strange looking device - a strap fits over the top and the sides of my head, with the hose going up over my nose to the top of my head. I feel like something out of a sci-fi flick, but you know what? I slept fantastic last night. Feeling very rested this morning. Slept straight through to 4:30 - haven't done that for a while.

Had my Special K's fabulous 'schetti's last night with garlic bread - my last supper - lol. I wanted to use this last week to try to lose 10 - 15 pounds before the surgery one week from today. So, goodbye, my old friend, Coca Cola (I am quite the Coke head - this I think will be harder for me than giving up my cigs) - it's been swell. I keep feeling like I'll never have a lot of foods that I love ever again, so I have to keep reminding myself that that's not so. Once I'm fully healed, I can eat whatever I like - just a very small portion. And as my father always used to tell me, "lekker is maar een finger lang." (Dutch - translation: delicious is just a finger long - basically means one or two bits is just as good as a whole plate-full).

No comments:

Post a Comment