Friday, May 9, 2008

The Bro Dudes

Well, finally had dinner with Big Bro Dude. He's the EMT - and his concerns were that I realize this is a for-life decision and that I won't ever be able to eat as I can now. Explained to him that was the point. Obviously, the way I eat now is not healthy. While it's fun, it's not good for me. I need to shift my focus from food to something else.

Ever notice that one of your first thoughts of the day is "what can I eat?" or "what shall I have for lunch?" How about the afternoons at work? No matter how busy it gets, there's always that "gee, what sounds good for dinner?" or "hey, the weekend's almost here - to what restaurant shall we go to treat ourselves?"

And exchanged e-mails from my younger bro dude (he lives in another state and he's an RN - just got his masters - Go, R!) He's very supportive, so that made me feel good.

Blew my appt this morning to get my sleep mask - rescheduled for Monday. Less than two weeks away, now... my goodness!


Not a single cigerette this week - yea, buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment