Thursday, June 18, 2009

Through the years...

We were visiting my folks this past weekend, and my mother had cleaned out a dresser to make room for the big bro dude, who will be moving back in (out of work; lost his condo; same thing happening to 1000s of folks around the country). Poor bro dude - he was so proud of owning his own home. Poor folks - they shouldn't have to deal with a "kid" (he's 52) moving back in at this stage in their lives. Ah, well. It is what it is.

So, in cleaning out that dresser, she comes across a lot of items she thinks I might like, and she's right. She's always had lovely taste in clothing. One thing I noticed, though, is that sizes aren't what they used to be. She gave me several tops - all which fit, but all are mediums. I'm in larges now - mediums are generally still a bit tight, but these mediums fit like the larges do. Odd, huh? Just to clarify; these tops she's given me are from the 60s and the 70s. They're timeless; one wouldn't know they're that old, but it's obvious that over the years, the size table has changed towards smaller. That's probably because folks are more health conscious now.

I find this interesting. Wonder if anyone's done any research or studies on this. Another job for google.

No comments:

Post a Comment