Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy B-day, Pop!

It's my dad's birthday this weekend. He's a leap-year baby, so he doesn't actually have one this year, but we celebrate anyways. He's going to be 77, and he's going strong! My aunt (his baby sister) and her gentleman friend are here from Holland. They got in late last night. We're all getting together Sunday for an early dinner down in Federal Way (it's about half-way between their house and ours). I'm excited to see my aunt. Now that I've lost so much weight, I look like I could be her twin. Very easy to see the family genes. Gonna try to get a picture of the two of us, so we can see the similarities, side by side.

Quiet week - had a tooth pulled and an abscess lanced. My mouth is much happier now. And snow - two weeks away from Spring and we had about 3 inches yesterday. Except for some left on lawns and trees, it's all gone, thank goodness. It's so pretty, but it's hell to try to get around with the streets all slushy and icy. Plus people (not all, but most) just don't get it. They drive like there's nothing there. So many accidents on the roads yesterday morning. We stayed home until we saw most of the road again, then we headed in to work.

And today, the weather is beautiful - hope it lasts through the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment