Thursday, February 19, 2009

A meme...

These are fun. Found this on another blog and thought, why not? Will give folks a little more insight about my love and me:

What are your middle names? Kathy's is Joyce and mine are Maria Renee Jacoba

How long have you been together? Wow - over 12 years, now; will be 13 in July.

How long did you know each other before you started dating? Kathy answered an ad I had put in the L.A. Times - we started dating right off.

Who asked whom out? Kind of mutual, actually, since she answered my ad. Our first contact was a 4-hour phone conversation, which at the end, we agreed to meet for coffee a few days later.

How old are each of you? I'm 50 and K is 56, soon to be 57 (in March). She calls me her young chick.

Whose siblings do you see the most? Mine - my brother lives up here in the NW, so we see him frequently. Hers are all out of state.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? My want to spend and her want to save, although she can be a little shopper in her own right, and I've begun to like the saving part.

Did you go to the same school? Nope - she grew up in Milwaukee and I grew up in New York/Miami/Los Angeles.

Are you from the same home town? Nope. See previous answer.

Who is smarter? K, most definitely. She reads everything she can get her hands on and retains the information. I call her my good-idea honey.

Who is the most sensitive? Tied, I think - we're both pretty sensitive (give us a good tear-jerker and we're both bawling.)

Where do you eat out most as a couple? Varies - we like to try new places.

Where's the furthest you've traveled together as a couple? Milwaukee.

Who has the craziest exes? Haven't really discussed those at length, so I don't think either of us have had any crazy exes.

Who has the worst temper? That would be me. But once I blow, it's gone. K has a tendency to hold it inside and let it fester, although she's getting better at expressing herself.

Who does the cooking? We both do; depends on who feels like it. I make great breakfasts, and K's good at experimenting with new recipes or coming up with cool ones on her own.

Who is the neat-freak? Me - I like everything in it's place, where K lets stuff pile up. I've mellowed a lot to where it doesn't matter as much any more, and K's gotten better at not stock piling everything.

Who is more stubborn? mmmm, Dutch stubbornness here - German/Welsh stubbornness over there - tie, probably.

Who hogs the bed? Sparky. Definitely.

Who wakes up earlier? Me. I love getting up when no one else is up yet; have my coffee, read the paper on-line.

Where was your first date? The Swing Cafe (coffee shop) on Santa Monica Blvd in West L.A.


Who is more jealous? Neither of us have a jealous nature, but if I had to pick one, I'd say K - she thinks folks are always on the make for me.

Who eats more? That would K now that I have a pouch smaller than half of my fist.

Who does the laundry? K, usually, but I'll do it when there's a need and she's busy. But she's better with the laundry, while I'm better in the kitchen (cleaning-wise).

Who's better with the computer? I used to think K, but I'm finding out it's me. She knows more about innovative stuff/technology than I do, but it's usually me setting up the pc or new software or explaining applications to her.

Who drives when you go out together? Usually, me. K can drive, but she's a very cautious, slow driver, which would drive me batty. I'm the more forceful, aggressive driver, so I get us where we need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment