Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Big 5-0!

Had a wonderful birthday weekend. Lunch with the folks on Sunday, Special K took me to SeaStar for lunch on Monday (we both took the day off), saw a movie, played some bingo (didn't win), and shopping. Lots of shopping! So much fun. I actually almost have a full wardrobe again. That was my gift from K - clothes and a couple pair new shoes. God, I love new shoes.

And our party Friday night was a lot of fun. Seemed like it kicked off the weekend just right. Even though it was our team's holiday celebration (original date was snowed out; the second date was flooded out - three times the charm), they also had a card that everyone on the team signed (except for K - they didn't want her to know) and they collected money to give me a very nice sized Sears gift card. So very sweet. Oh, and they had a "princess set" for me to wear:

Came complete with a tiara, broach, earrings, necklace and a ring. So cute. Very nice of the team to do all that for me - I was blown away.

Teetering up and down between 177 and 180. I really have to watch the snacking. It seems all I want to do is eat these days and it's scaring me. Each day I wake up and say to myself that today I'll be good. But then the day gets underway, and it's a cookie here and some crackers there. I know I said I'd be fine if I didn't lose anymore, and that is certainly true. But I don't want to gain anything back. It would be so easy to let go and not be careful and end up pretty much where I was before, and that's just not an option.

I long for the days where food just did not interest me.

No comments:

Post a Comment