Friday, January 16, 2009

TMI

TMI - too much information; but it is what it is, and that's what this blog is all about - my weight loss journey. So.

One of the side effects of this procedure is that I don't "go" regularly anymore. Once or twice every two to three weeks is the norm, now. For the most part, I don't even think about, but I always thought I'd even out and get back on a more regular schedule. I'm not overdoing the fiber (might not be getting enough) - I put wheat germ on my salads, which I eat pretty regularly.

Not so much fruit anymore - the only thing I can think of that I'm reacting to is the natural sugar. I tried to eat peaches a couple mornings ago, and I started to "dump," (sweating, gagging, stomach hurting). Very odd. I'm doing ok so far this morning with my grapefruit, but instead of the fruit cups I usually get (what can I say - I'm lazy; Mum's fault - she always cut up our fruit for us when we were young lol), I bought a fresh grapefruit last night. Cut it up this morning - so far, so good. Perhaps it's the commercial fruit cups (the peaches were in a lite syrup) my system is protesting. Although, last couple times I tried banana, that didn't go so well, either. (shrugs)

Had a conversation this morning with two of the other ladies here at work that have had this procedure, and this topic came up. One has colitus, so I can't go by what works for her, but the other said she's regular, but she takes a vitamin (which escapes me just now - have to go ask her again) that helps.

I have to wonder if this all is effecting how slow my lossage has been lately. There are times I feel bloated and just wish I could totally do some sort of internal cleansing something or other.

Ah, well - need to do some research. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end (pun totally intended!)

No comments:

Post a Comment