Friday, January 23, 2009

TGIF

Another acronym, but very true. What a week.

Tuesday, I was so excited and in such a good mood - couldn't wait to see the swearing in of our new president and then listen to his inaugural address. Even stopped at a Krispy Kreme for my free doughnut, plus get a box for my area (red, white and blue sprinkles!) and a latte.

Well, after two & a half months waiting for my new pc at work, they decide Tuesday morning is when they're going to set me up. Told them OK, as long as they were done by 8:55 so that I could log on and find a web site with live feed so I could watch.

Uh, huh.

Didn't happen - everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. They missed more than half my files, gave me the wrong version to my mail client - did not move over my Internet favorites list, etc, etc, etc. To cut a real long story short (I know - too late), I lost it. Had a melt-down; very embarrassing. I logically knew they could fix things, but I'm not sure if my hormones are off-balanced, or if I've got so much toxins in my system from not being regular, but I was a basket case. Made myself so upset that I threw up. And even after I calmed down (and yes, they were able to fix almost everything - still waiting for one thing; they can't figure out why it's not working), my stomach hurt. Bad. Carried over to Wednesday. I came in for a couple hours and then went home. Slept almost all day. Today is actually the first day I feel "normal" again (probably helped that I took a couple Ex lax last night and the earth finally moved for me).

So, I missed seeing history happen. I am happy, though, that it did happen. I hope this is the beginning of a new era for America, but I also hope that expectations aren't too high that Obama won't be able to deliver. Oops, 'scuse me - President Obama.

Proud to call him that.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for checking out my blog! It is a work in progress still. I keep saying I am going to add more about me and stuff, but havent gotten to it yet. i promise that I will soon though. I actually had RNY on 9/3/08, and have lost quite a bit since then. I found your blog through my post on OH. My name there is AZTyger :)

    ReplyDelete