Monday, August 11, 2008

Chip Day!

Yesterday I had a very pleasant afternoon visiting friends, T & J and their dog, Hershey. Brought Sparky with me - he had a ball. Slept like a log last night while Special K and I were watching the Olympics.

I haven't had the opportunity to see T & J for quite a while - used to work with T, once upon a time. Still miss her presence here at work - she was always such a chipper, joyous person to associate with. She's one of those folks that always has a smile on their face.

So, it was fun; she congratulated me on my weight loss to date and had lots of questions. She is one of my faithful readers (Hi, Miss T!)

So, I had a breakfast drink/smoothie from Jamba Juice yesterday morning - fortified with whey protein. Could only drink half - very filling. While sitting with Miss T, we had chips and salsa - very good! And then I went to pick up Special K at Costco and she had discovered a wonderful Mango Peach Salsa, so of course, we had to get some. And I had that for dinner last night. Even though it comes in a jar, it tasted so very fresh. Sweet, but not so sweet, with just a little kick to it. Very good!

When I went to bed, I was reviewing my intake for the day, and it occured to me - it was a chip day! Glad I had that Jamba Juice thing, cuz nutrition-wise the rest of the day? Not so good. The mango-peach salsa is very low calorie-wise, but all those Fritos in the afternoon and then the Tostitos white corn chips at night - whew!

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment