Friday, March 6, 2009

Twins!

My aunt is here, with her gentlemen friend, from Holland for my dad's birthday. Very easy to see the family genes.

They came Wed night to spend a few days at our house, so that they could get some skiing in and to be a lot closer to SeaTac Sat morning for their flight back home.
But Mother Nature's not done with Winter yet. We had a lot of snow up in the mountains and the pass even closed for a bit yesterday, so they decided not to go (I'm so glad they didn't - lots of reported accidents up that way). They'll try again today. I hope they're successful - they both so enjoy skiing. I personally don't see the fun in hurling down a mountainside, dodging trees and other people and stuff, but they love it. I'd rather jump out of a plane - now that seems like a lot of fun!

And here's the birthday boy. It was a very nice get-together, even if half the food wasn't great, and the service even worse - good company can generally overcome anything.
Down another 2 pounds this week - very excited to see it come off. It's so odd, after months of dropping poundage like there's no tomorrow to have it come to a screeching halt, pretty much. I was hoping the honeymoon period would last a little longer (they say anywhere from 8 to 12 months), but, hey, I can't complain. Results have been good.

Besides, no one would listen :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment