Sunday, November 16, 2008

"ONE"derland!

In-freakin'-credible! Made it to the 100s - I was 30 last time I was in the 100s, and folks, that's just a hair away from 20 years ago! My goodness - I really have to pinch myself these days. Did this really happen? Am I going to wake up and it's all been a dream? Cuz if it is, I don't want to wake up.

Just for grins and giggles, I tried on the size 18 jeans this morning, and sure enough, they fit, with room to spare. I just can't believe it. I just tried the size 20 at the beginning of the week and was jazzed when they fit, although, I waited too long. They were a tad big already.

I thank the Goddess for being able to have taken this journey. I am grateful that our insurance actually, for once, came through for me and allowed me to have this procedure done. I am grateful that, for me, it's working. Although, I have to give myself some credit - I'm making it work. Cuz, really, it is work - don't let anyone tell you that weight loss surgery is taking the "easy way out." I've said it before - this is one of the hardest things I've ever undertaken, but it's also the best thing I could have done for myself.

I am equally surprised that my Special K hasn't gotten tired of me yet - all this self-obsession. Sometimes I feel like my focus is too much inward, but she tells me, it needs to be at this time, in order for this thing to work.

Just one of the very many, many reasons I love that woman - she's so wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment