Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas

I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to my one or two faithful visitors. Hope your holiday week is special and that you're with the ones that you love.

Been visiting the folks every free day we can. Spent the afternoon/evening there yesterday; we brought dinner to cook for them (to give the boys a break). Steak for Pop, Wim and Kathy, and Mum and I had bbq chicken-less chicken :o) (made from tofu, but so good - I ate a lot of this right after my surgery). I was afraid she wouldn't even want to try it, but she did and she liked it! She's been eating much better since she's home from the hospital, but it's clear that she's not well. While we were there yesterday, she spent most of the time in bed. She had fallen a few days before and wrenched her back, so now bed is the only place it doesn't hurt. She asked the fellas to take her to the ER today so that they could get it x-rayed to see what's going on.

Not ready at all for Xmas. I've not mailed a single box yet, and it doesn't look like I'm going to in time for Xmas. Oh, well. I do what I can. I'm exhausted, and there's still so much to do.

I'm not a praying woman, but I'm going to ask that if you are, to pray for Mum. Right now, she needs all the help she can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment