Monday, April 27, 2009

Size 12!

Went shopping at Costco Saturday; found a pair of very light pink jeans - size 12 - and guess what? They fit like a glove. So very jazzed. I feel so pretty wearing these jeans. JC Pennys had a nice sale, so we went there; Special K got a couple pairs of new pants and I got a bunch of Springy stuff - short-sleeved hoodie, shorts, capris, light tops. Very fun, oh - and a couple pairs of sandals.

And wonderfully, my co-worker is coming right into the sizes of all those lovely clothes that Miss R gave me, so I bagged them up over the weekend and brought them in to her this morning. I'm so glad someone will get use out of those pieces. Only things I kept were the vest (since it fits so nicely) and the black and white blouse, which I know is way too big, but I can't bear to part with it yet. It is just so my cup of tea, and it's a clingy type material, so it doesn't look too over big.

I had a revelation Saturday; Kathy and I were walking through a little mall from Rite Aid to Seattle's Best, and we passed a dress store. Typically my eyes would gloss over and I'd pass the store, not really paying attention to what was in the window, since 99.99% of the time, the store wouldn't have my size. I started doing that Saturday, when it suddenly occurred to me; wait a minute - I can fit into all these styles now. It's OK to look! If I were to see something I really liked, I could go in and totally expect them to have my size!

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment