Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Whew!

Stepped on the scale this morning - first time in quite a while. I've been afraid. Afraid that I've topped 200 again.

I am still 195. What a relief. I know, I know - it's only 5 pounds away, but it matters. Not sure why it makes a difference, but it does. And I've been 195 for a while now - have I settled down? Don't know. I have good days, but more often not-so-good days, eating wise.

Vacation was wonderful - will have pics up as soon as I can remember to take my memory stick home to put the pictures on. So nice to get away. We went through all sorts of weather (from sunshine to a blizzard). It was terrific to see R&W and their new digs. Still can't figure out the Patterson part, but they're happy, and that's what's most important.

While I didn't deny myself while on vacation, I found I was not eating that much only cuz we were so busy. I was fearful that I was going to gain a lot over the week just because my time was my own, and I've always been a nibbler on long drives.

Special K's nephew is getting married in May - I would really love to drop at least 10 lbs by then so that some of my summer stuff fits (it all does; just really skin tight). Plus I need to buy a new outfit for the wedding and I would hate to have to buy bigger than L or XL.

So, back to salads for lunch and no sweet snacks (cookies, cakes, candies, cookies - that sort of thing.) Did I say cookies? Was never such a cookie hound as I am now, especially those I make myself. I revised my almond shortbread thumbprint recipe and they are now killer, if I do say so myself :)

I can do this. Where's that chalkboard? I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment