Monday, August 16, 2010

It's too damn hot...

I'd love to sup with my baby tonight, but it's damn hot!

Old Ann Miller song from "Kiss Me, Kate" - an old musical.

I know I shouldn't complain, when most of the country is having record heat waves, but dang. Just not used to it anymore. Gets close to 80, and I am not comfortable. Yesterday, it was well over 90. Actually, it isn't too bad during the day; it's when the nights don't cool off. Like last night. Actually got up 5 minutes after going to bed to go take a cool shower. Poor Sparks was panting so hard last night; I took one of his washcloths, soaked it in cold water and ran it over his face/head, his back, his belly (had already given him another bath during the day - he liked that!). It helped - he stopped panting. Did it again when I woke up at 2:00 and heard him panting again.

It helps though, knowing that Wed, it'll be overcast with highs in the upper 60s and showers coming for the weekend. I knew there was a reason I loved living in the PNW LOL My kind of weather. It's supposed to be a couple degrees cooler today and better again tomorrow but it's still in the upper 80s. Dress accordingly and you freeze when you go into work or into stores, cuz they have the air blasting full force. So I carry a sweater. What an old lady I've become. Oh, well, hell.

Speaking of with, I must really look a lot older than I am. Couple weeks ago, Special K and I went to the movies. Had a $20 out (it was $10 per adult) and got $5 change. Didn't occur to me til I stepped away and was stuffing that into my wallet, when it hit me - I wasn't supposed to get change. I go back to the window; they charged us senior prices. And over the weekend, taking the ferry back from Pop's. Woman said (to me, the driver), "and you're over 65, right?" Dang shangalang - no, ma'am! Only 51 here!

LOL What a dunderhead! I shoulda said "YUP - gimme that senior's price!"

No comments:

Post a Comment